U

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Wednesday, October 25th, 2023 2:47 PM

Closed

Certificate trust settings enforced by Xfinity Mobile??

The certificate settings section of my iphone (settings, general, about) says I have "enable full trust for root certificates" turned on and I can't turn it off. 

I don't know how or why this setting is active on my iPhone. It's a personal phone and I have never installed a profile or authorized a profile to be installed. 

The toggle to enable this is greyed out and my iPhone settings do not show any profile anywhere so I can't delete the profile or turn of the trust certificate setting. 

Why is this on my iPhone and how do I get rid of it? 

There is a message that says "some certificate settings are enforced by the profile Xfinity Mobile"  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

7 months ago

Just discovered this! They have full access to root certificates!!!!

"Enable Full Trust For Root Certificates" Trust Store Version 2023071300/Trust Asset Version 1002.

At some point I may have granted permission when activating Xfinity Mobile. I do not recall.

Can’t remove the profile or delete it. (Grayed out). Access to root certificates allows them to see everything run through their mobile network un-encrypted. Not exactly secure! I will be looking for another mobile carrier because of this security issue. Otherwise I was for the most part happy with Xfinity Mobile.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I have canceled my Xfinity Mobile account for this reason. Successfully ported my number to another mobile service provider. I was as never able to find the reason they did this "Enable Full Trust For Root Certificates" other than assuming it is a data collection scam to sell our data to brokers. I have 1 more billing cycle to pay down. When this is done I will keep checking to make sure the "Auto Pay" for Xfinity Mobile is no longer active.

I was looking for someone with the same experience as me. We have rooted phones. Can you possibly update us, if changing the provider solved your problem with the bad certificate? My certificate on my phone is called "AAA Certificate"... is that the one yours is?! Same Trust Asset version same trust store version. This only happened when I got a brand new phone with Xfinity, and it happened to all my other family members. We also bundle Internet..

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here