R

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 4:03 PM

Closed

Android texts "Trouble Sending" error

I've been an Xfinity Mobile customer for years with a Samsung S22 for at least a year. Over the past few months, my texts get "stuck" when I try to send, and then I get "trouble sending" error. The options for resolving the error are "retry" or "delete". When I retry, the recipient gets the same text twice (or more) depending on how many retries it takes before the text goes through. I've tried restarting the phone,  resetting the network, clearing message cache, uninstalling apps to free up storage, checked for software updates, etc. Nothing has worked. We have several other phones on our Xfinity plan, and all of the iPhones are working but the other Android is having similar issues. Help!!

Official Employee

• 

985 Messages

6 months ago

Hello @Reckfam5, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.

We have a specialized team of experts that are able to assist our Xfinity Mobile customers. That team can be reached at 1 (888) 936-4968 via text message and over the phone. If you'd rather chat with a Mobile expert online, that can be done through this link comca.st/3G78PAk. We know our customers are the best part of Xfinity and appreciate you taking the time to give us the opportunity to help.

1 Message

4 months ago

Same here. In order for me to text anyone, I have to turn my wi-fi off which is completely frustrating. It's been this way for the past year for me. I'm constantly having to turn my Wi-Fi off on my cell phone so I can receive and send text messages. I'm constantly having to send and re-send my texts. They will never go through on the 1st attempt if my Wi-Fi is on. Xfinity is complete garbage. The only reason I even have them is because they are the only internet provider out here where I live. Their customer service is awful but they have no problem taking your money or raising rates. I can't wait until Google fiber is available in my area. I'm so tired of this. Plus, we shouldn't have to keep resetting our gateway and modem on a daily basis. I'm not a fan of Xfinity at all. There are no solutions to this problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_uvdaxo,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We would be more than happy to provide some assistance. With the issue of sending/receive messages, have you attempted to turn off RCS Android messaging? This may help with your reliability of sending and receiving messages without having to resort to turning on/off your wireless network settings such as WiFi. You can find instructions on how to do so by visiting the Turn on RCS chats in Google Messages support page. 

Give this a try and let us know if it helps with your text messaging reliability.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here