U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 4:59 AM

Closed

android device -- XFINITY and xfinitywifi hotspots not appearing on available wifi list

Hi,

Android tablet.

I can connect to XFINITY and xfinitywifi hotspots using my laptop and cell phone. However, those hotspots don't even appear on the available wifi list with my Android tablet.

Airplane mode is off.

I installed the Xfinity app, but it just says "Sorry, something went wrong. We can't display your details right now". 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

5 months ago

Hi there @user_078e01!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can.  When you attempt to connect, can you tell me what the error you're receiving if any?  Also, are you within range of a Xfinity hotspot?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I figured out the problem.

My inexpensive Android tablet doesn't support 5G wifi, and think that for that reason, it can't "see" Xfinity networks. 

How inexpensive? $59!

Using cell phone as middleman (hotspot)

But thanks for following up.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_078e01 Thank you for the update and your workaround for this issue. Please feel free to reach out anytime if you have any other questions or concerns. Our team is here for you and is full of experts in everything Xfinity. Another great resource is our Xfinity app. This app is great for troubleshooting, and reviewing billing, and you can even schedule a callback. Here is a link if you have not already downloaded the very user-friendly app.  https://comca.st/2zsiyBf I hope you have a great day and make your week amazing!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here