ANSWERED: How to Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection with the Xfinity My Account App
Note: Restarting your modem can fix many common Internet-related issues.
Download the AppFirst, download the Xfinity My Account app ( Apple/ Android) and sign in using your Xfinity username and password.
Restart Your Device (Modem)
- Select Internet from the bottom navigation bar of the app or click on your modem from the home screen.
- Tap Restart this device to be taken to the modem restart page.
- After selecting Restart Device, you will see the following message: "We're checking your connections... Just a moment."
- Once we've sent a signal to your device, you will see the following message: "Restarting your device should take less than 10 minutes. This will not erase any of your settings or change your Wi-Fi name or password. If you have Xfinity Voice, we won't restart until all in-progress calls are finished."
- Select Restart Device to restart your modem.
- Selecting Yes will prompt a confirmation message: "Glad to hear it all worked out!" displaying a green confirmation check-mark.
Selecting No will display the following on-screen options: Common problems & solutions, Tweet @ComcastCares or Schedule a call.
Common Problems and Solutions
Tapping Common Problems & Solutions will also allow you to see FAQs related to Xfinity Internet service.
Data Usage Meter (Select Markets)
Your data usage summary appears under the image(s) of your device(s) on the XFINITY Internetscreen. Tap the arrow in line with a device to view its individual screen.
Tap anywhere on the displayed data usage summary to view your Data Usage History.
Here's an example of the Data Usage History screen:
Troubleshooting - Request Assistance
If you are unable to fix the problem through the app, there are options to get a call back from a Comcast agent (to avoid being on hold) or to contact @ComcastCares on Twitter. See questions and answers about the Xfinity My Account App for more information.
You can also visit our main Internet troubleshooting article to learn how to fix common issues within the My Account website and Xfinity xFi.