dma723's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 25th, 2024 11:06 PM

Unable to receive incoming voice calls on my landline

Whenever we receive incoming calls, the phone rings but when we answer, the calling party cannot hear us.  They say they cab only hear our phone ringing but no pickup.

Problem Solver

• 

570 Messages

4 months ago

Hope this helps:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/trouble-receiving-calls

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

Hey @dma723,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. I would be more than happy to assist with any issues you may be experiencing with the Xfinity Voice services. 

Would you be able to let me know if you are able to let me know if you are able to make successful outbound calls without issue? 

When someone calls you, are they able to successfully leave a voicemail without issue or are they unable to reach the voicemail mailbox?

This information will be tremendously helpful in helping diagnose and troubleshooting the issues with the Xfinity Voice service. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

WE are able to successfully make outbound calls.

When someone calls, they hear the landline phone ringing but is not picking up or going to voicemail. .  Message would say “ The wireless caller you are trying top reach is not available at this time."

Official Employee

• 

824 Messages

dma723 thank for you that additional information detailing your current landline experience. I would like to look into a bit more troubleshooting on this matter together, but first have you already had a chance to review the Xfinity Support page

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@dma723​ We are having the exact same problem. It started after we upgraded our router. Did you find a fix for it?

4 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​We are having the exact same problem. It started after we upgraded our router. Did you find a fix for it? 

Official Employee

• 

977 Messages

Hello user_mozqy1. Please make sure the telephone line is plugged into the back of the modem where it says "tel1". This is the phone port and must be fully pushed in.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here