U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 18th, 2021 9:28 AM

Closed

TTY phone line directly to pod?

I have a TTY phone that was connected directly yo the gateway in my kitchen.  Now I want to utilize this phone upstairs in my home office.  I bought and activated the pod and ran line from the pod to the phone but no dial tone.  Tried two different phone lines.  Are the xfinity pods capable of supporting a land line phone?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Pods only work for Wifi and Ethernet devices. If your phone is not one of these, you can't connect it to a pod.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Bruce, phone is set up for ethernet and I ran a new ethernet from the pod to the phone, yet no dial tone.  Bummer, I thought the new cable would do the trick.  With the ethernet plugged in my xfinity app is showing the device connected.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Bruce, TTY phone support told me the phone needs a direct connection to the modem and not the pod.  The phone is wifi capable so I am going to try to pair it with my cell since trying to connect directly to the wifi is failing.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here