mbmjam's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 21st, 2021 8:17 PM

Closed

RE: Incoming calls going straight to Voice Mail

I am having exactly the same problem. And I have never heard of modem provisioning ...

This post was created from this comment on different post

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

3 years ago

Hello! Thank you for taking part in our community here so that we can help with your voicemail issues. We definitely want to ensure that you are receiving your calls and not having them go straight to voicemail, so we'll make sure to help out with this! We do have the option to provision your modem as this would basically just help refresh the service it is sending out and reactivate things to ensure both your voice services are functioning properly. In the event that doesn't help, we do have some other tools available to get this working!

I do see that you have already sent us a private message here. Thank you for that! In the future, we do ask that you please first wait to be invited to send us a private message before messaging us directly to help avoid violating community guidelines. However, we can still help! Can you please reply back to that same private message thread to Xfinity Support with your full name and address so we can take a deeper look into this for you?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastKatieMS 

The solution to this problem going straight to voice mail is  the phone cord must be plugged in the left jack on the white gateway. Just solved this on my own after working with Comcast Tec. I asked him to spread the word!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same issue and tried switching phone cords around (there are two) and nothing helped. I am talking to the 4th Xfinity agent now, and nobody can help. I am still getting calls to my landline forwarded to voice mail. :( Can anyone help me???

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

Hello, @user_b1877e Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Community Forum support page. I am very sorry to hear you are having troubles with your home phone going straight to voicemail. Have you checked your advanced call forwarding set up to make sure your land line is not being forwarded?

You can click this link for step by step directions on how to check your settings for [advanced call forwarding](https://comca.st/3BzJg9Z) 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I was told the same thing about provisioning, and i still have this voicemail problem. I reboot routinely. Need help

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity forums! Have you already checked to ensure that your phone line is plugged directly into the modem? If it is you may need to check and make sure it isn't set to go to voicemail. This link will walk you through how to make sure that feature is not enabled: https://comca.st/3gjikSX

If you have completed the following steps and it is still going directly to voice mail please send us a direct message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page.

To send a direct message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here