U

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 10:32 PM

Porting Comcast Business Number to Xfinity Home Phone

After days and hours of conversations with Comcast and Xfinity I was told I could port in my Comcast business number to a Xfinity home number.  Xfinity said I could not port in until Comcast deactivated the number.  Followed instructions and the number was deactivated on 7/17/2024.  Called Xfinity on 7/18/24 and they told me they could not port in the number because there was some governmental regulation that precluded porting in a number with a 510 area code into a 95472 zip code.  Of course now I am in a Comcast hellscape trying to reactivate my business phone number.  Can anyone even imagine losing a business number of 25+ years? I don't even know if what the Xfinity side said was true or not.  And if true why was I told I could port the number in?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there,

user_ymyfl7, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Comcast Business number and porting your line. I can completely understand your frustration and not wanting to lose your business phone number. You have reached the right place to get to the bottom of this. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here