U

Tuesday, February 6th, 2024 1:27 PM

Closed

Phone porting issue - incoming calls

I'm attempting to switch to Xfinity home phone service by having my existing landline number ported over.  After many days and phone calls to support, I finally have a dial tone.  I can make outgoing calls using the Xfinity service now, but all incoming calls are still coming to the old POTS copper lines via the old service provider.   I have called Xfinity support on this multiple times, with the same 'reset the router and it should work' answers, but of course it doesn't.  The issue here would seem to be a routing problem outside my house.  I am not sure who is responsible for getting the correct changes in the telephone routing system to send incoming calls to the Xfinity line.

Anyone have any answers for this?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

8 months ago

Hello user_17a72d Thanks for reaching out. I can see your live chat message and will assist you there with your phone concerns. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

We have the same problem. Frontier (old provider) , switched to Comcast . Comcast is working for outgoing calls. No incoming calls are getting through. Just did a live chat and they are sending someone out?  I think frontier is still getting the incoming calls.

2 Messages

Yes, sounds like the same issue I was having.  It was because Xfinity had not completed the activation process that notified my previous carrier that the porting had completed.  My old provider gave me a direct number to the Xfinity phone porting helpdesk, and I was finally able to speak with someone who knew what they were doing.  Withing seconds, they were able to complete the port process, call routing was changed and I immediately starting receiving incoming calls.  I then checked with my old provider and they had received the completion notice and my account with them was closed.  You can contact Xfinity phone helpdesk at 1-877-397-9734 and they should be able to help you.  

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Greetings @Camperlinda thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. We are happy to see how the visit went, and the connection is with the calls. To get started send us a DM with your name and service address. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I'm having the same problem. I've paid Comcast for a year for my phone. I go to Port my phone to another company and all the sudden nothing is done right. The phone # worked fine for a year. When ooma wanted to port my number all of a sudden it doesn't work right and it's never been ported right?

I've been calling Comcast and Frontier for a month now Frontier basically hung up on me with a supervisor talking to me and then gave me the general customer service number if I had any more questions. The general service customer number isn't going to give me much. No supervisor was giving me beyond the one I had and was talking to. I've had Comcast come out to my house four times. All the text say the same thing I can't do anything with this? I call it in I can't do anything with this? I'm going to send somebody out? Then I hear rest assured we'll get this all set three times now. What's up Comcast?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_fdnr6s, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a comment on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here