vspinnet's profile

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 7:51 PM

Closed

Phone port disaster and no urgency to fix the issue

I have Xfinity Voice (VoIP). I decided to port my primary phone number from Ooma to Xfinity (replacing the existing number I had with Xfinity), and now I've been without a functioning phone for about a week, and I'm expecting important calls. Since the port went through, my voice service stopped functioning. I have no phone service to my modem, the Xfinity Voice website errors, the app shows nothing for Voice so that I can listen to messages left, or enable voicemail for my missed calls (if it's not already). Here's my current situation:

1. Xfinity has NO available slots for me to schedule a home tech visit.

2. Xfinity can not get my voicemail working in the meantime.

3. In my time of crisis, Xfinity has offered me new promotions on Xfinity Mobile, and Xfinity Rewards with EVERY call, and twitter DM. Thanks!!

Correction: my phone number was ported in December 1st. I've been without my primary phone for almost half a month. A support agent just told me that there are no available slots all the way to the end of February in my area.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

7 months ago

With all the terrible support Xfinity has to offer with phone agents, twitter, etc., an agent just now jumped through hoops for me, and got me scheduled for an appointment tomorrow at 12-2pm. She was the one bright spot at Xfinity among the many people that have assisted me thus far, and she didn't bother me with promotional offers under the circumstances.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @vspinnet I know it must be frustrating to not have working services, and we know having a working number is extremely important for keeping you connected! I know I would be upset if something like this happened to me, and I am so glad you were able to connect with someone that was able to get an appointment set up for you to get this taken care of! I will follow up with you here tomorrow to see how things are working for you then. Please do update us on how your services are working if you have an update before we reach out!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

45 Messages

7 months ago

Given that I'm not receiving the service, does this void any contract that I may have with Xfinity?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here