U

Sunday, March 3rd, 2024 4:05 PM

No home Phone Service since modem was replaced

No home Phone Service since modem was replaced. I have tried the resetting the modem and changing the plugs. The phone worked with the old modem. Trying to navigate through the website and app to find answers is hard.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there @user_55sc8u!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your service concerns.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can to ensure that you are being provided with a top tier expereince with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away.  Have you been able to reset (unplugging it from the power source and plugging back in) the modem to get a dial tone?

5 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ I have reset the modem many times and I have unplug and re-pluged the wires many times. I have done the standard troubleshooting, but there is no dial tome. So, I am currently paying for service I do not have. There were no real instructions with modem, other than use the app, which does take me to installation of the modem.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thanks so much for letting us know what you have done on your end to try to remedy this @user_55sc8u.  We are glad to work on this for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I'm having the same issue as user-55cc8u and have also reset the new modem multiple times.  My telephone worked with the old modem just fine.  Please help!!

5 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ tech had come out and resetup the Modem and network.

Official Employee

• 

906 Messages

@user_55sc8u I'm sorry that the technician had to come out to help resolve the trouble, but happy to hear it was fixed! If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know. I hope you have a great week! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

What is contact info for customer support? 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @agg1!  Were you in need of assistance?  We are always glad to help in any way that we can or you can contact Customer Care directly at 1-800-XFINITY (934-6489). But why wait? I'm here now :) How can we help?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here