U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 14th, 2023 2:37 PM

Closed

No dial tone

My landline phone worked fine until yesterday and now has no dial tone. Cannot make or receive calls now. Phone is wired to Xfinity modem. The landline handsets are charged and being on or off the hook doesn’t make a difference. Modem has been restarted multiple times both through the Xfinity app and the website. The cables from the landline to the modem have been switched around and plugged into different phone ports on the modem and nothing has worked to fix the issue. Internet and cable are working.

I’ve followed all the suggestions on Xfinity’s troubleshooting pages and nothing has worked. 

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Used a friends phone to contact tech support and they fixed the problem. No more help needed.

1 Message

1 year ago

on hold 2+ hours, no help :(

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_f3c734, thanks for reaching out.

To better assist, can you please go into more detail on the issues you are experiencing? Our team and community are here to help however we can. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

We too are experiencing this issue.  I plugged a working phone directly into the xfinity modem, and still no dialtone.  This began yesterday after attempting to send a fax.  It's as though our phone didn't disconnect after attempting to send the fax.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @user_43756f. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your phone service issues. You are in the right place, and I am happy to assist you today. Did you change modems? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue as above.

We lost internet service in my entire apartment building for 2-3 days. That has been fixed now but I still have no home PHONE service (phone is connected to modem).

I have rebooted several times, reconnected cables, etc. and still NO LINE.

It has been impossible to reach a PERSON on the phone or via the website. Very frustrating!

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here