U

Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 3:22 AM

no dial tone since getting new replacement modem, even after resetting and rebooting modem

It has been over a week now that we have not had dial tone for our xfinity voice line. I have searched the support site for answers and tried all the suggestions. Still no dial tone. It was fine with the old Arrus modem, but since getting the new white cube, we have had no phone service.  Help.

3 Messages

6 months ago

PS: the Chat Service never goes to a live human even when I specifically ask to chat with a live agent. The robot gives up, but no human ever comes online.

You are my last hope, Obiwan

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_cng5g2, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your issue with your dial tone. We definitely want to get this resolved for you as I know how important it is to have your Xfinity Voice phone up and running. You have reached a team of people here who are happy to help! 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

6 months ago

same problem here. hard to understand how that would help me

2 Messages

6 months ago

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Can't get to a real human to help me.  Frustrating.  Have you had any luck since? Thanks.

3 Messages

Found that real human help came quickest via the @XfinitySupport feed on X (formerly Twitter).

Helped troubleshoot and finally replaced a faulty modem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Happy to hear that you were able to get this resolved, @user_cng5g2. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to message our team. We hope you enjoy the rest of your evening and thanks for being part of the Xfinity family!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here