U

Monday, February 26th, 2024 9:40 PM

No Dial Tone - Home Voice

Just added the service. Cannot get a dial tone. Internet & TV working fine. Have reset the modem / router multiple times. Phone cord inserted in the #1 phone port.  Have now lost three hours trying to resolve and cannot find a way to actually speak with a human to advise or assist.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Hey @user_9q3x3y thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support Team over our Forums. You came to the right place for help and our team is here to help you with the voice issues you are having. To get started can you please send us a DM with your full name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

UPDATE - Prior to Jorge's response (above) I managed to return to the Xfinity store where I had established voice service.  Wanted to confirm that they had done everything on their end to start my voice service (had been told that I was "good to go" and that all I needed to do was plug in the phone cable in the appropriate port).   Was unbelievably fortunate that there was one employee there who had some grasp of the tech side of their business. After about fifteen minutes of running diagnostics on my line, he confirmed that the folks in their store had not run whatever processes were necessary to initiate voice service in my modem / router - i.e. something that should have been done while I was in their location weeks earlier.   Took him a minute to fix - after wasting hours of my time.

If Xfinity actually had any accessible customer support, my issue could have been resolved remotely in less than a half hour.  I remember a time when I could speak to a person, who could run diagnostics and be of actual, substantive, aid.  Xfinity's complete reliance on its chatbot to handle customer care / support now is an embarrassment, as is the fact that people have to reach out to a forum like this to have any hope of finding solutions to their customer support issues.

3 Messages

Note that, had that, relatively tech-savvy, employee not been in the store when I went back, the other employees were planning on sending an installer to my house to check out my installation.  Only one of the ten people on site had any notion that they simply might have failed to set up my service properly, or even to know how to confirm whether or not my service had been properly set up on their end.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_9q3x3yI am glad you were able to connect with someone at the Xfinity Service center who was able to help. If you would like to take a closer look at your account or review the setup with us here on the Xfinity Community Forum please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address. 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here