U

Wednesday, March 6th, 2024 12:46 AM

Closed

MDU/DTA -- phone hookup

Moving my father from an apartment to a Memory Care unit.  Memory care provides basic cable through an Xfinity DTA  - Model MDU HD-uDTA-E.  Photo attached. The DTA has 1 HDMI output and 2 coaxial connections one labeled "to TV" the other labelled "to video device or cable modem".  There is no plug for a telephone. There is no modem/router or any other coaxial outlet.

I would like to get Xfinity Voice and plug in a phone.  I thought I could simply hook a modem to the coax labelled "to video device or cable modem", plug the phone into the modem and ask Xfinity to charge me for Voice.  Does anybody know if this would work?  Unfortunately, nobody at Xfinity can answer this question :(

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

8 months ago

@user_woel5m Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your questions here. The reason our Xfinity representatives are unable to provide information about this device or answer questions about it is that it is a Comcast Business services device. This means you will need to have the account holder or authorized party on the account contact our Comcast Business Services department for additional information about this device, its capabilities, or if a replacement is needed. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here