Ebery's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, September 4th, 2024 5:03 PM

Landline Issues

For the longest time I have two main issues with my landline.  My landline will only allow certain phone numbers to ring my phone once then it stops ringing and goes to voicemail.  I have all spam settings set to none and this still happens.  And my second issue is when I am speaking on my landline no certain amount time, I all of a sudden can't hear the caller anymore.  I hang up and call the person back and them inform me they could hear me but, I couldn't hear them.  I have tried different phones, rebooted the router and the other person is also calling from a landline and this still happens.  Only common denominator is Comcast.  When I call in for my phone service they want reboot my router and I explain that doesn't help.  How can I get help?  Please advise because this is crazy!!

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

10 days ago

Hey there, Ebery, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with your landline. We would like to troubleshoot to get to the bottom of these issues for you as I know how important it is to receive your calls without any issues. My mother relies on her landline for medical calls. 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 days ago

Have had this same issue (can't hear other person) for a long time. Now sometimes it just hangs up. This is so frustrating!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

nancyes Thanks for reaching out! Have you tried restarting the Gateway/Modem, and ensuring all connection points are finger tight? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here