Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 12:00 AM

Closed

Land line

How do I activate my land line with xfinity 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

Hello @user_nnaln8 if you have home phone on your account and your services are already working then so is your phone! You would just need to plug it into the gateway under the TEL 1 port and the power outlet. 

1 Message

I don’t currently have home landline service, but am thinking of adding it.  What do I have to do or who do I contact for info on cost and installation?

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_19f9lx. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance in regard to doing an account review to look at home phone options and ensuring your equipment can support Xfinity Voice services. 

Since I will need to gather some information to locate and authenticate your account, and we don't want that in our public replies please send a direct message. 

To send a direct message: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

I have an operating land line but always get a busy signal when trying to call a 1 (505) xxx-xxxx number.  This number is not busy and I can get through on a Consumer Cellular iphone with no problem.  Why do I get a busy signal each time I try to phone with my xfinity land line?

This comment has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_AER That is a great question. If you can call other numbers from your landline phone number I would think this has to do with a setting on the number you are calling. For example, if you have your home number private the number you are calling may not accept calls from a private number or may have your landline number blocked preventing you from calling using the landline. Is this the only number you have issues calling? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here