U

Friday, September 15th, 2023 8:01 PM

Closed

Incoming phone calls being limited

Incoming calls to my Xfinity home phone are terminated after exactly 30-minutes.  Happens every time.  Does not happen with outgoing calls.  This started about 6-weeks ago.  Any guidance for how to get this corrected?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_737ef5 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. I am happy to assist you. Is this happening on every incoming call or is it just one particular number? 

3 Messages

Thank you for your help.  It occurs with any incoming call from any number.  Does not happen with outgoing calls.  Interesting aspect is that the cut-off occurs after exactly 30-minutes.  Thanks,  David

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you so much for confirming those details @user_737ef5, we really appreciate it. Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps such as restarting your modem?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

1 year ago

The concern is not "Community Knowledge Base" related............... Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

3 Messages

Yes, modem has been restarted several times since the Xfinity technician was here and installed a new modem when he found that the old modem had failed.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We would like to further into your account to see if see anything going on. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here