renebaby2u's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, August 14th, 2021 2:43 AM

Closed

How do I opt out of voice?

I no longer need voice service. How do I opt out?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

So do I. Why doesn't Comcast answer this question???????

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there @renebaby2u, thank you for reaching out! I hope you are having a fantastic day! I know how important it is to drop your voice plan. Thank you for sharing these details with me.

If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

@XfinityMikeB read my reply. people are uneducated of the importance of not to rely  on cellphones, having a house phone is much safer. Always have a backup!!!

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Ummmm, I am not sure if you want to do that or even why you'd even want to and  I don't think I want to begin to even understand your whys and or why nots. Just keep the landline. More than likely you are not paying extra for landline service. I know when I was thinking about ditching the good old trusty landline, I called xfinity and the agent said that it's best that I keep the landline, especially if there is an emergency. It is always a very good idea to not count on cellphones as a primary source of communication. Just keep your homephone because you never know there maybe a time that a cellphone alone just don't cut it and you just one day might be happy that you kept your house phone. But, you do what you want, I am just giving you reasons why you should keep it. Make a list, one one side write down reason why you should keep your phone and on the opposite side write down all the reasons why you should not keep it. Reasons why to keep, in case there is an emergency, just that alone is all the reason to keep the phone

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

@Luke_Skywalker8

I switched from an AT&T landline to a Tracfone flip phone years ago, and now am considering getting a landline again, but I don't know if the technology has changed --
(1) IS IT STILL POSSIBLE TO GET A LANDLINE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE A MODEM and THAT WORKS WHEN THE POWER GOES OUT?
(2) Can I get such a landline from Xfinity (with no voice modem required)?

I'd appreciate any response. Thanks. 

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I'm not giving up the landline. Just the cost is too much.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Nobody calls me on my LL, only a LOT of SCAM calls.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Scam calls that Comcast seems to be unable to stop (or even reduce the number!)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@snake1mb  I installed nomorobo a couple of years ago (free for Comcast users) and cut the spam down to almost nothing. Just a thought. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here