U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 19th, 2023 3:40 PM

Closed

Home phone still disconnects after 30 minutes

Someone suggested this below but I don’t understand since the only thing coming out of the wall is a cable cord not anything that would allow router/modem and phone to be plugged into wall with splitter. Help! 

“RJ11 splitter plugged into wall outlet.  Router plugged in one side, phone plugged in other side.  Absolutely no problems since”

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today! An RJ11 jack is basically an adapter that plugs into the phone jack of your wall and allows two lines to be connected. However, our phone service requires the phone line to be plugged into the modem. Can you tell us more about the issue you are having? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

My phone jack is not even near the modem. Calls drop every 30 minutes since I’ve had xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_2f5b89​ I found out online that the line from the phone should be plugged into the Tel 1 hole (not Tel 2 or any other) in the back of the modem- something about Tel 1 has more power. No dropped calls since making this change. 

None of the Xfinity reps suggested this. This information should be shared with customers especially those who choose to self install/connect  service in a new home without a tech. 

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here