Anita2020's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 8th, 2024 9:33 PM

Help with Netgear CV 2050V - voice not working

We installed this modem 5 days ago.  Called Xfinity and gave them the MAC address.  Internet has worked fine but they said it would take 24-72 hours for the voice to work.  Voice still not working.  I was on a chat today for an hour and they thought it was fixed.  I booted the system and not fixed.  Then I was on a live phone call and mentioned provisioning the MTA address and they did not know how to do that.

There has to be someone in the Xfinity/Comcast world that knows what is going on with this!  What amazes me is that this Netgear is ADVERTISED on Amazon as Xfinity Voice.  No one mentions it will take days/months/years to get it working.  Please help. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 months ago

Hey @Anita2020,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We can certainly assist in activating the Xfinity Voice service for the Netgear 2050V modem. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here