U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 5th, 2022 1:46 PM

Closed

Cannot Hear The Party That Calls

In January, my parents signed up for phone/internet/cable service with Xfinity.  For four months the system worked great.

Over the past two  months there is an INTERMITTENT problem where they cannot hear the person on  the other end of the call.   This happens if they initiate the call OR if the other person initiates the call.

This is a HUGE problem, as my parents live in an assisted living environment and are not in the best of health (dementia).

It is VERY important that we have functional telephones in their apartment.

I have observed their use of the phones, and there is no obvious error in phone use.  I have restarted the X1 Gateway many times and ensured that the plugs are correctly installed.   Again, this setup, AS IS, worked fine for several months before this problem started.

I have seen other user posts with a similar problem, but I  have yet to see any solution posted.

Please Help.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the exact same problem.  They changed the wiring and the modem.  But the problem still remains. 

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Hi @user_d7a2b1, I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing this problem as well. I can't imagine the headache this has caused you. It sounds like you have tried some troubleshooting and had a technician out. Our team would be happy to help further. Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Please also keep in mind moving forward we ask that you make an individual post with complete details, so that the community can provide you the best support possible. The best communities have most conversations happening in the public boards. To look at the Xfinity Forum guidelines please follow this link https://comca.st/3Qu3vfP

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

2 years ago

Hey @user_4babc2 this is not the type of experience we want for any of our customers. I know it is important to have working services at all times. I will make sure we get your services working properly, so you can reach out to your parents. Thanks for troubleshooting and resetting the modem on your end. Do you have some time to troubleshoot together? 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the EXACT same problem.  All Xfinity keeps saying in Reset, Reset, Reset.  I have a disabled spouse and need functioning telephones.  I even purchased a new set of phones and the problem continues.  Spoke with an agent last night who tried to sell me a new promotion, and I informed her they need to fix what I already have.  So very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @cash413, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our Digital Care Team. We certainly can understand the importance of having services working as they should. Can you please confirm if the issue you are experiencing is with your landline or cell phone?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

We started having the same problem the other day. Can someone please post a solution to this problem for everyone to see? Or at least fix it for me, individually. Thank you.

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

@c33j I'm sorry to hear this is happening and I'd like to help! For situations like this, we likely need to troubleshoot the issue and see what needs to be done to resolve this. Can you please reach out privately? You can address your direct message to 'Xfinity Support'. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

We have been having the sam problem for several months. Can someone please post if anyone has had the issue fixed. It seems as though no one has found a solution.

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @user_268bd5. I am sad to hear you are also having phone issues. It has been a couple of days. Were you able to get this resolved, or are you still having issues? -Aaron 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No - it happened again yesterday. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_268bd5, I'm sorry to hear that. If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This one-way hearing problem was terrible. I did everything. One time Xfinity fixed the problem for a day. At the same time, they Finally, sent me two EMAILS. One said that the problem was found and fixed. Second was confusing. I found a place on the internet that helped. 

Some home phones DO NOT WORK WITH XFINITY. I had tried wired and wireless. At the time I was using AT&T wireless home phones. I purchased Panasonic and unhooked the AT&T phones. I have not had any issues since. The list had some of the phone companies listed. I have no idea how XFINITY fixed this remotely for a day. They first said it was in my home, I made an appointment for a technician (CHARGES). Next, they sent me two more Emails. IT IS THE PHONES.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here