D

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, October 19th, 2022 9:33 PM

Closed

Block Non verified numbers

Since Comcast can tell if number is real or not spoofed.  They place a V on the caller ID.  Why don't you give us the option to BLOCK all non-Verified numbers?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello and good afternoon! These are great questions. I'm sorry to hear about those non verified calls. I used to get a lot of those calls as well.I have a link from our awesome Help and Support site which goes over the features we have for our home phone service (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/phone-quick-reference-guide) 

I have my Anonymous call rejection turned on. It helps in preventing those block calls/caller IDs from getting through. 

You can also add your phone numbers to the National Do No Call Registry here at (https://www.donotcall.gov/) you can report those unwanted calls there as well. If you received an unwanted call after your number was on the National Registry for 31 days, you can report it to the FTC! 

Let me know if you have anymore questions about those calls or need help with setting up your features. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have attempted to block all calls that Comcast allows.  I am on the do not call list.  I have block over 90 numbers that begin 724.320..  None are verified, they are not listed as spam and when I call the number back, it not in service.  I know your not going to do it for me  but Comcast needs to allow us to block non-verified numbers.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for your feedback @Dwbster2022 Here is another option for you. Complete the Nomorobo signup on www.nomorobo.com and sign in with your Xfinity ID. This will help prevent Robocalls, scammers, spammers and swindlers. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

And that Nomorobo DOES NOT WORK EITHER!  I have had Nomorobo all set up for many months, but still get half a dozen TOTALLY UNVERIFIED robocalls peer day on my xfinity Voice landline, some of which show as (V), but do not exist.  Whaat's to keep a spammer from just entering his Caller ID as "(V)281 ..."?

If xfinity can tell me "the  number you have dialed is not a valid number" or "that number is disconnected or no longer in service" when I dial the number that shows on my caller ID, why can't xfinity just check that first and block the call, which is by definition UNVERIFIED?  Whatever happened to STIR/SHAKEN?

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

As an additional action to be taken, we do also have the call screening feature that can be utilized! We've provided a link with the steps outlined below on how to manage this as well!
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/call-screening
Please let us know if there are any further questions! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here