prm1206's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, September 7th, 2024 7:21 AM

voicemail

is xfinity suppose to pick up calls on my answering machine when I can't get to the phone or just when I'm on the phone

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

7 days ago

Greetings, @prm1206! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about your voicemail features. You have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Your voicemail should pick up calls after a set amount of rings when you are not able to get to the phone. The default is usually after 5 rings, but some people will set it higher if they are using a standalone answering machine or just want to allow more ring time. You can find more details on how to manage these settings here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-voicemail-while-traveling

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

it is not working - have it set on 5 rings just called my number from my cell phone and left a message and xfinity did not pick it up just my answering machine - it is only picking it up when I am on the phone. The last one it picked up was in April 2024.  I have gone through most of the information on voice mail. Could I have something set up incorrectly?

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

@prm1206, how many rings is your answering machine set to pick up on? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here