Ygolonac's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Sunday, August 18th, 2024 2:50 PM

Voicemail PIN constant request, can't access

The voicemail access via the Xfinity website is broken - different browsers, on table/phone/PC, all keep bringing up the "set PIN" screen, when the PIN was set I don't know *how* long ago. (Probably back in 2020, when I first got Comcast service.)

Reset my PIN (luckily, when I opened that part of the settings, it told me what the PIN was, because it was no PIN that *I* ever used), reset the security question, and nuked cache and cookies on the (phone) browser that I don't use to access email/voicemail - and it worked!

Once. 

Back to the same "Set PIN" sult, even using that browser.

I am currently:

1) dealing with severe medical issues, and thus need reliable access to voicemail

2) dealing with legal issues,and thus need reliable access to voicemail

3) dealing with financial issues,and thus need reliable access to voicemail

I am not going to constantly reset the PIN and nuke cache and cookies because your system is screwed up. (The fact that it reset to "set PIN" all on it's own indicates that it's on your end.)

I logged in to post this; my account has my Comcast email address listed; that email address is on the same account as my voicemail service. Thus, you have all the information needed to contact me and correct this issue promptly - before Monday morning, when I have attorneys contacting me on a different matter. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

29 days ago

Update: seems to have been fixed at some point, so I could finally see who called me at 6 AM on a Sunday morning.

It was a Comcast robocall, letting me know that my PIN had been changed. Y'all need to set some "do not call unless emergency" hours on that thing.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Ygolonac Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having with accessing your voicemail. I can understand how important it is to have reliable access, especially given the severe medical, legal, and financial challenges you’re facing. It must be incredibly frustrating to deal with the same problem despite trying various solutions. We’re here to help and want to resolve this for you as quickly as possible. I’m glad to hear the issue seems to have been fixed for now, though I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused by the early morning robocall regarding your PIN change. I would be happy to look into why you go that call so earlier because our system is set to take the time of day into consideration before an informational call like that is made. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Still having same problem with asking for a new pin reset

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @dmr2013 thank you for taking time to reach out to this post. I completely understand the importance of having access to your voicemail, and would definitely like to help get this resolved if you're still experiencing issues. Whenever working with customers who mention pin/password resets, if you don't have it set up. 2 step verification is a great feature to set up, that way you can be notified on the device of your choice if some is trying to access your account: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/two-step-verification-xfinity-app-setup. This can rule out if any changes are being done by an unknown party. 

From experience, I've found if you're attempting to update information inside the Xfinity App it doesn't work as well as signing into your account on the website and updating your information there. Please let me know if you are still receiving the message, I would like to investigate further.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

26 days ago

Same thing with me.  It popped up a day or so ago.  I figured it was some new security thing as I actually had my pin set already, but not the security question.  Did that and it worked that time.  Just tried accessing voicemail now and am getting the same thing.  This needs to be fixed!

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

23 days ago

I am seeing the same problem using Safari on my IPad. Comcast needs to do some proper testing and hire more competent programmers for their web site. I reset both my voice PIN and security questions using a browser on a Win 10 computer but the problem did NOT go away.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@gefilte​ same here!!!!! They blame US instead of fixing it and taking accountability.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @gefilte Thank you for reaching out this evening. We are happy to assist you. Are you still seeing an issue with your Voicemail?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

21 days ago

And the "set PIN" popup is back. Oh wait, it's gone again - and all I did was refresh the page until the actual voicemail came up.

One or more of your voicemail servers is broken. This does not need suggestions of clearing cache and/or cookies, logging in via PC (which was giving me the same popup), turning on 2FA, or whatever random section of the FAQ pops up when the Tier 1 customer service reps do a quick search for "reset PIN". This is an immediate "escalate to the software engineering team for proper diagnosis and repair" issue.

And no, chatting with the Tier 1 reps will be of no use whatsoever, as it's a software issue on Comcast's end. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here