U

Thursday, July 11th, 2024 2:29 PM

Spam calls from (spoofed?) verified numbers

I'm getting upwards of six calls a day from various New Jersey numbers (area code 609); caller ID is showing something like 

[V]+[Edited: "Personal Information"]

It's a new number each time, and it's always somebody asking to speak to Sally (who doesn't exist here); if engaged, they start in on a Medicare scam. I'm reporting them to Nomorobo, but that's only going to get me so far because they're never going to run out of numbers to use. I have low/medium/high risk spam calls blocked, but since these are allegedly verified numbers, that doesn't help. Do I have any other recourse here? Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

3 months ago

user_yqgtpu Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. I get those type of calls all the time, so I undertsnad how annoying they can be. Unfortunately, there is not much more we can do since they call from different numbers all of the time, which makes it hard to block them. We recommend just screening the calls by not answering them, they usually die down after that. Im sorry we dont have a better solution for this but I will get this feedback to the right place! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here