oandroido's profile

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 9:05 PM

Closed

Set up rules by NAME as well as number

I've asked to be removed from their call list, but we're receiving 2-3 calls every day from the same telemarketer (reduce your mortgage) calling from different numbers each time.

The caller ID, however, shows the same name each time.

We need to be able to screen this way as well.

Is this something that can be called in to customer service?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

8 months ago

Hey there, @oandroido thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums. I completely understand how frustrating ongoing telemarketer calls can be. Have you signed up for Nomorobo? This is a service for the Xfinity Voice, and it helps with spam calls. Here is a link with more information, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ 

Thanks for the note. Does Nomorobo allow blocking by caller name?

Anyway, my question was about blocking by name using Xfinity, not Nomorobo, so I assume this cannot be done at Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

8 months ago

@oandroido We do not have a way to block by name through Xfinity. You would need to block the number specifically. However, I know they have more options through Nomorobo that might help! You can report any numbers that are not being blocked correctly to ensure you do not have to deal with any more telemarketers. I definitely recommend checking it out! 

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

8 months ago

"However, I know they have more options through Nomorobo that might help! "

Any suggestions? I can already enter numbers to block on Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@oandroido We appreciate your feedback. At this time, these would be the only options we have available. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience and I will submit your feedback. Let us know if you have any additional questions! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

We were called six times by the same (blocked) number yesterday. Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, it appears the "solution" you're proposing does not allow it to be set up without additional cost due to the need for Advanced Call Forwarding.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

oandroido, We do have several things in place for your home phone to help with this. I will list them here for you.

Protect yourself from phone scams

Spam Blocker

Anonymous Call Rejection

Nomorobo

Pleaselet us know if this helps. I have the nomorobo set up on my landline, and it does work. We may get one ring, but after that, the call is gone. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here