RPA25's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, February 28th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Home calls ringing on mobile phone

I am a Comcast/xfinity Triple-Play customer.......TV/Internet/Phone.  My mobile phone account is with AT&T.  Whenever I receive an incoming call on my home LAN line, my cell phone also rings.  The call is not being forwarded.......it is just ringing on both lines.  Why?  How do I eliminate this?  The only way I have been able to stop this is to delete the xfinity connect app from my cell phone.  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

I have the opposite problem. When my cell phone rings, it causes my xfinity home phone to ring...and it rings with my cell phone's ring tone. So weird.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Sorry.  It still doesn't work.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I've always wanted abd loved that my landlord calls also shuw in my cell. However now I cant home either....goes directly to VM? Why now, and no one can figure it out, help!! I'm sick of calling

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Finally, I hope, after spending hours over many days on the phone with Xfinity, my simultaneous ring issue (fingers crossed) has been solved.  Issue was twice before escalated to agents who were unable to take care of the problem, and who just kept telling me it should not be happening since advanced call forwarding was turned off.  Today the agent I reached was very upfront and honest in stating that this is an ongoing issue and can only be solved through an update to my modem which can only be done through an upper level representative. For all the $$ we all pay Xfinity/Comcast each month they should be able to resolve what seems to be a significant issue and to inform all of their customer service staff about it and what is needed to get it resolved when a customer calls.  Ignorance is not bliss, not when customers are upset, unhappy and ready to cancel their services. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Did you happen to get the name of the rep who knew how to fix this issue?  You can bet your rear-end no one will know what you are talking about if you call re this problem.  They'll just tell you what a "valued customer" you are and tell you to unplug your modem.   

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Totally agree with you. I have the same issue and used their troubleshooting help link also useless waste of time. Will attempt to call the tech support next, crossing my fingers!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same thing is happening to me but it’s still ringing my mobile even after I deleted the Connect App. Frustrating.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

KevinM1,

What kind of home phone do you have?  Does it happen to be a newer Panasonic?

If it is make sure that your home phone does not have " link to cell" active.  If it does and your cell phone is linked to the home phone your home phone will ring and sound like your cell phone when you get a cell call.

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks! I accidentally came across the solution to this particular problem by fooling around with our home phone. 🙂

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue...guess I'll have to remove the Xfinity connect app since I am unable to deselect call forwarding...keep getting an ERROR message. I'll use my gmail instead of my comcast email.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here