U

Tuesday, September 26th, 2023 5:19 PM

Closed

Dispute charges

I have been charged $30 a month for a phone line that l do not have . My phones are through Verizon.  I thought the charge on my bill was for use of voice remote use. When l talked with a representative l was informed it was for a land line that l didn't even know about. I feel really dumb thinking it was for voice remote since there's nothing on the bill saying telephone and l use Verizon for phones.  This has been on my bill for years and they will not refund me. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Hi @user_130b23! Thanks for spending your time to reach out to XFINITY over our forums' page for help with the phone line charge. I appreciate you greatly for patiently waiting for a response. I see that it has been over 2 days since you reached out. Are you still needing help with the billing concern? When disputing a charge or requesting a billing credit, you must contact us within 120 days of the date on the bill or you waive any such disputes or credits. Here is a link to more details under section 3 and the letter L.

3 Messages

As l was informed l get a discount on my bill for a bundle by having a phone line that we didn't know existed. Just another way Xfinity gets you. So it's a have to to get a discount either way it's not right.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I'm so about the miscommunication on your bill about that charge. I am glad you got some answers as to why it was there and that you know it's actually saving you money. Usually with bundles like what you're desiring it is cheaper to bundle home phone service with cable and internet to get a less expensive plan. If you do run into any issues in the future of have any questions down the road please don't hesitate to reach back out. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Does Xfinity ever give credit for days tv and internet is working? I work from home a had a total of 3 full days of no internet, which costs me money when it's out. Nothing but complete frustration when calling Xfinity no credit or even a free movie offered .

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Excellent question! Xfinity does offer credit to customer accounts for the time their services are not working.

We recently launched a new option to process a credit yourself for the time spent without service. It's perfect for situations like this. If you visit comca.st/3s4H9FM and sign in you will be taken to our service center. Scroll to the bottom, and you will see an option to check for eligibility for a credit: comca.st/3cS1ec0 You will be asked a few questions regarding the interruption and based on the eligibility a credit will be issued. A computer generated email regarding the credit will be sent to the email address on file within 24 hours, and it will appear online within 72 hours, and on your next bill.

Do you have any questions about the process? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here