U

Saturday, March 23rd, 2024 10:56 PM

Caller ID on TV

After activating upgraded gateway, caller ID on TV no longer appears.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Same! I've talked to xfinity multiple times with no resolution. Also, getting errors on the tv about network issues, but the message goes away and everything works... Seems to trigger for no reason, and when Alexa is activated.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Hi, @user_wjujey

Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are doing well. I see you've had some trouble with the caller ID on your TV, and I'll be glad to help. I just completed a refresh to help restaablish the feature. Can you test this again and let me know the results? 

2 Messages

Xfinity did a refresh, didn't work. Multiple times on different days. They called my comcast phone number to see if the caller id worked from their end and it DID show up on the TV. (Samsung) They said they'd call me back after some checking and they didn't. Also getting error messages without any code- saying "lost network connection-unable to connect to network" asking me to trouble shoot. BUT the tv works fine and the message disappears. I haven't had time to follow up. It's all very time consuming and things are working ok. But should be better! I've been with Xfinity for over 20 years.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_2bdqmyHave you checked the coaxial cable and outlets for loose connections or damage that could be causing those messages to show? Also, are there any splitters on your line? Those can go bad and cause interference. Swapping them out or simply removing an unneeded device could resolve this issue. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

Caller ID no longer appears.  Please help me restore it?  Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there, user_u6245s, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! Are you only having issues with the caller ID feature on your TV? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ 

The refresh didn’t work. Caller ID still not showing on the TV.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here