abraves_bellsou's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

answering machine

I would like my answering machine to answer calls, not Xfinity.  How do I switch?

Problem Solver

• 

530 Messages

4 years ago

@abraves_bellsou wrote:

I would like my answering machine to answer calls, not Xfinity.  How do I switch?

Set your phone's answering machine to answer on less rings, usually 3 rings and

my answering machine picks up BUT, if I'm on a call it goes to my Xfinity and sends me

an email (you can set that up on Xfinity site) transcribing message to text. It really is

a great feature!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

How do I disable voicemail? I use an answering machine and do not want voicemail to ever answer my phone - even if I'm on another call. Help????

Official Employee

• 

931 Messages

Hello! You can manage your Xfinity Voicemail features in the settings area of your account. Here is a great article that will help! 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-voicemail-features-in-xfinity-connect

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Article really didn't answer question: "How do I disable voicemail? I use an answering machine and do not want voicemail to ever answer my phone - even if I'm on another call. Help????"

This reply has been converted into a post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

Replied to year old post.   Reply separated out.  This post being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here