pwcprime's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, August 26th, 2023 9:49 PM

Closed

Update email address for Community Forum account

I do not use my comcast.net email address.  I would like to update my Community Forum account to use an alternate email address.  When I open the Profile settings, the email address field is grayed out and does not let me change it.  

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@pwcprime 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. Unfortunately, due to the Comcast single sign on required for all forum accounts, we would not be able to modify your Xfinity Forum login information in any way. If you would like to use a different email address, you will need to add that email address as a user profile for your Comcast account. You will then be able to re-register in the Xfinity Forum with that preferred email address. Unfortunately, there will be no way to link the 2 profiles in the forum, but at least at that point you will have a profile linked to your preferred contact email address. For additional information on how to complete the steps listed above, please see our helpful document about adding additional users to your Xfinity account (found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses). 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else from us. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

1 year ago

@pwcprime 

I'm not sure that you can change your forum email address so I escalated this to the Forum Administrator @XfinityJessie .

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

I do not use my comcast.net email address. ...

If you don't check your Comcast email it's a good idea to forward it to an address you do check. Once in a while they send out stuff that's actually important, and you'd get your Forum email notices. You can set up Forwarding in webmail ( https://connect.xfinity.com ) under (gear icon) / Email Settings / Mail / Auto Forward.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

7 months ago

How do I re-register ?

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@Chrissy15221​ 

Did you read @XfinityJessie 's reply here?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Contributor

• 

152 Messages

7 months ago

What I'm trying to say is that my previous email address no longer exists . The new one is my only one ~ my Xfinity ID  , which claims to be able to access all Xfinity services  ?  
This seems to me that it would be a relatively simple task , I don't believe that it can't be accomplished .  It's quite inconvenient to have to come to the forum to check for notifications . 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here