cjczajka's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 2nd, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

How to display threads after search

I hope this isn't a dumb question.

After I search (say knowledge base or Your Home Network forum) and get a list of subjects, when I then click on the subject or body text or body text of a reply, I am presented with an high level entry screen starting with the text "What can we help you with?" (URL https://forums.xfinity.com/).

I am signed in and have review my profile and settings.

I must be missing something obvious; any help is appreciated.

Chuck

Accepted Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@cjczajka,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. When performing an Xfinity Forum search, type your search terms directly into our forum search bar and hit enter. Like with Google it will try to "auto-populate" with content before you hit enter. If none of that content is what you are looking for, ignore it and proceed by clicking enter or clicking on the "magnifying glass" icon. 

Search 1.PNG

**Note**: Any archived content will not be accessible and if clicked on you will automatically be redirected back to our homepage.

Once you have hit enter you will be provided a list of content available for you to view. By default, our search will present you with posts that have a marked Best Answer or Knowledge Base articles first. You do have the ability to filter and sort the content you want to see. You can search by location of the post (what board/knowledge base section it is posted to), author, date, metadata (whether it is "solved", "kudoed", or has been used in a knowledge base article), type of post (forums, knowledge base, or contest), and what the post contains (images, videos, or attachments). You can even search posts, users, private messages, or places.

Search 2.PNG

When using the "Advanced" option you will see your search modifiers. There you can modify the types of results you see and how many search results show per page. You can even narrow the search to only show posts that do not have a reply.

Search 3.PNG

When initially searching your results are sorted by "best match" first. You can modify this to show content by "date", the number of "views" it has received, how many "kudos" it has received, and how many "replies" it has. 

search 4.PNG

We hope this helps with making forum searches easier. For more information about searching the forum, check out our Help Section

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here