BruceW's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

Thursday, November 17th, 2022 10:14 PM

Closed

GMT vs EST

Could someone please fix the time that appears on the Notification ("Bell") Icon messages? These seem to be showing GMT, while the messages they point to show as local time, which for me is EST:

ETA: Stated another way, I'm getting "bell" Notifications for posts 5 hours in the future. For example, on Friday November 18 at 2:45 pm I got a Notification for a message timestamped "Fri, Nov 18, 2022 7:45 PM". Not good!

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

All,

A recent patch should have resolved this for all impacted users. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

To be honest, there should be an option to change the time zone on a user account

Side note, are you using a VPN? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

1 year ago

... are you using a VPN? 

No. But even if I was, I don't think that would explain why time shows as GMT for the "Bell icon", and local for the actual post. The only explanation I can think of is that the "Bell icon" time display is programmed incorrectly.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@BruceW 

Thank you for posting this, it has been reported to our platform vendor. Once we have any updates we will be sure to share them here. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityJessie wrote: "... A recent patch should have resolved this for all impacted users.  ..."

The problem appears to be corrected, thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here