U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 28th, 2022 5:18 AM

Closed

Delete Forums Account

How do I delete my forums account.  My email address is being leaked to the public and I am getting a tremendous amount of spam

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_d0250c 

While we cannot close your forum account, we can prevent it from accessing the site. This action will also prevent any emails from the forum site from making it to your email box. If that is what you are looking for, please let us know and we can make that happen immediately.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityJessie​ What I'd like is for Comcast/Xfinity to make more of an effort to prevent our email addresses from leaking to the public.  This is a MAJOR security issue, especially since Comcast refuses to support true 2FA.  Not to mention the exponential growth of the phishing emails I'm now receiving (almost 100 per day) for an address only used for Comcast.  I also reported this issue to phone support and their response?  "Oh, just mark the emails as spam and change your password."  And sadly, your response re-emphasizes that Comcast doesn't care about account security or that it's leaking email addresses to the public.

That said, yes, please make this account inaccessible.  I'm sorry I signed up for it and have learned my lesson never to give Comcast a real email address.  While, this won't fix my problem, perhaps it will stymie future issues.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here