D

Monday, June 10th, 2024 12:50 PM

Change user name?

I joined the forum and accidentally put something I did not intend as my username. Can this be changed back to something generic? I tried to do it myself, but it appears I do not have the option. Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

20 days ago

Hello @Pocoy031726, Welcome to the Xfinity Forum. I am happy to help you get your forum username changed. Feel free to post or direct message me what you would like your new username to be. As long as your newly chosen username does not violate our forum guidelines/acceptable use policy, we will happily make that change on your behalf. 

Thank you! 

Thank you, Amira! Can you just change it some  randomly generated forum username and message me what it is?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

While we're happy to help change your username @downtherabbithole, but usernames can be randomly generated upon registering in the Xfinity Forum for the first time. After registration is complete, the only people who can edit usernames are our Xfinity Forum Administrators so they will need for you to choose a username. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Yes, I realized I had missed that opportunity. Amira suggested direct messaging her, but I don't see where you do that.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Great question! You can send us a Direct Message by following the instructions listed below:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here