bruce_w's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 19th, 2019 8:00 AM

Closed

Cannot log in with my usual ID

Today when tried to log in to the Forums with my usual "BruceW" ID, I was prompted for a password. But that ID never had a password except the one for the associated @Comcast.net login, and that password doesn't work.

And using the Forum "Forgot Password" link to set a new password doesn't work either. I click the "reset password" link in the received email, enter "New password" and "Confirm New password" into the form, and when I click Submit , the page just loops back to https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/resetpasswordpage.

Can someone tell me what I need to do get access to my "BruceW" ID again please?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

5 years ago

@andyross wrote:

It seems as if there was a glitch in the login servers. If you tried the Sign In prompt, you got something about trying to log into SSO with a username/password. That sounds like a misconfiguration somewhere.

There was a problem on 9/19/19. It covered most of the country. "Lithium" who created the forum programing (coding) fixed the error in coding about 3 or 4 hours later.

Your original ID and password will still work now.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same with myself happened in the 30 minutes or so

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

5 years ago

@bruce_w wrote: ... when tried to log in to the Forums with my usual "BruceW" ID, I was prompted for a password. ...

Seems to be working again, thanks!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

5 years ago

It seems as if there was a glitch in the login servers. If you tried the Sign In prompt, you got something about trying to log into SSO with a username/password. That sounds like a misconfiguration somewhere.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here