U

Friday, March 1st, 2024 9:05 PM

xumo remote voice control

So far, once I implemented steps I found in this forum, I have been able to get my xumo box up and running (and staying connected - for now) but the voice control for the remote does not work. Anyone else? 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 months ago

user_vah28z 

If your voice commands aren't recognized, make sure you're speaking clearly and at a natural, conversational volume. Hold the remote one to eight inches away while giving a command and hold down the Voice (Microphone) button until you're done talking. If you're still having trouble, consider whether there are other sources of noise near you that may be interfering with your voice commands.

The battery levels in your remote could also have an impact on voice commands. To check your battery level, visit the About section of the X1 Settings, Xumo Stream Box Settings, or Flex Settings menu. If your battery level is red or yellow, try changing your batteries. If your remote has low battery power, you’ll see a notification that says, “Voice Commands cannot be processed due to critically low remote battery.”

6 Messages

I could not find where to check battery level with my xumo box. Also, how do you access the battery compartment?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_vah28z, Thanks for your patience while waiting for a response. Would you mind providing a picture of your remote? The feature for checking on the remote battery level is only supported by specific models.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Well I tried to attach a picture but it said “file attachments not allowed”.

mine has the red +, green home and blue voice buttons.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_vah28z No worries about the picture, thank you for the description of the remote! To remove the battery cover, you should be able push the battery cover down and slide it off the remote. If the batteries check out, you can try resetting the remote. Resetting the XR100 Remote could help resolve most issues with pairing.

To reset:

Hold the ← and + buttons on the remote until it beeps.
Press 9, then 8, then 1.
Wait for the confirmation beeps to finish resetting the remote.
Press the voice control (microphone) button while pointing at the TV Box.
Follow the on-screen steps to complete the setup.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

23 days ago

How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to the xumo box 

Official Employee

• 

400 Messages

@user_mzx98r The box will connect to the TV through the HDMI cable for sound and video. If the box doesn't have any Bluetooth radio features in the settings, you can still connect your device to the TV and enjoy high quality sound on it or any amplifiers/sound bars. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

8 days ago

does the xfinity XR15 voice remote work with the xfinity xumo stream box?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @tf2132 Xumo from Xfinity (formerly Flex) does accept the XR-15 remote. To control the Xumo TV Box:

Press the voice button while pointing at the TV Box. Then follow the on-screen steps to complete the setup.

OR

1. Hold the xfinity and Info buttons for five seconds. Wait for the remote light to change from red to green.
  2. Put in the three-digit, on-screen pairing code.
  3. Once your remote is paired, follow the on-screen steps to set up power, volume and input control for your TV.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here