U

Tuesday, August 6th, 2024 8:55 PM

XUMO Box Streaming Netflix in Low Resolution

Love the old FLEX box, works like a charm, never had issue. Unfortunately it got replaced by this XUMO box. I used it to watch Netflix. Watched 5 times so far, 2 out of 5 times it streams in really low resolution, it's so bad that the edge is all rugged/smudged. Don't think it's Netflix's problem -- because whenever this happened, I jumped to a laptop or pad/iphone, and watched the same program, they looked normal. So it must be this XUMO box.

With the old FLEX box, when the connection is not good/stable, it will stream in low resolution for the first 1 or 2 minutes, then it will get better and better. Seems that this XUMO box just lock-in the low resolution mode from beginning to end, which is horrible. The connectivity is not bad either when this happens -- speed tested and it all looks good

Are you guys aware of this? Is there any solution?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 month ago

user_6k3ays Thanks for reaching out! Is only the Netflix app have a resolution concern? 

4 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ I don’t have any other subscription, so far only watched Netflix. Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for relaying your experience, and we can certainly look deeper into this. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Just did. Hopefully somebody could come up with a solution soon.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

1 month ago

Xumo is a disaster. I cant say it enough 

it’s outdated by about 10-15 years…

1 Message

14 days ago

I'm having the same issue. What's the resolution? I was hoping it would just sort itself out but everything on Netflix is super pixelated and has been from the get go.

4 Messages

@user_5npaqd​  They asked me to do a reboot of both my modem and the XUMO box, not sure if they did anything from their end in the mean time. After that I tried Netflix once, it looks good. Not sure if that will come back again in the future.

Perhaps you can try that reboot thing first

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here