U

9 Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 10:53 PM

XUMO box interface is awful

I was expecting an X1 type experience with Xumo as far as the channel guide etc goes, but the interface is choppy, cheap, slow and outdated.

If Xfinity is leaning on this to replace cable boxes... good luck

Are there any updates coming soon?

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

2 months ago

Hello @user_kxq83x this is not the kind of experience we've wanted you to have, and would love to ensure you have the equipment working as you need! While I don't have any timelines available for future updates, we can help with troubleshooting to ensure the box is working properly. Are you having this experience with everything you are trying to do, or only on certain experiences? Have you done any troubleshooting on your end, like restarting the box or apps?

4 Messages

I have had the same problem - so have many, many other people. I'm watching a Prime movie and the XUMO just cuts out of Prime in the middle of the movie and goes to Dateline. This is a WELL-KNOWN problem - rebooting, checking connections - these are not solutions. This is a software / hardware problem that Xfinity has yet to fix. My box is 2 days old and immediately started exhibiting these issues others have had. Xfinity needs to solve this.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here