magicdave2's profile

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Thursday, October 27th, 2022 2:04 AM

Closed

XR16 Remote pairs with SONY TV but not with SONY Soundbar

The XR16 remote that comes with the xfinity flex box is supposed to pair with the TV and the soundbar. However, it will not pair with the soundbar after pairing with the TV.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, I am sorry to hear you are not able to pair your remote to the sound bar. Please visit https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/programming-your-xfinity-remote to see about paring the remote to your soundbar.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

2 years ago

I have followed all of the instructions for pairing this remote and it will not pair with my Sony Soundbar. Now what?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for letting us know @magicdave2 Since the remote works with your TV and The Flex not all soundbars are compatible. You might need to reach out to the soundbar manufacture to see if they can provide more help. Personally I have my soundbar connected to my TV so when I turn my volume up or down on my TV it automatically adjusts the soundbar. Just a thought. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here