U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 14th, 2022 1:52 PM

Closed

XiOne -SC B

How can i do factory reset?  I tried calling xfinity and chat with agent.  no one knows xfinity offers flex streaming device. it keep on transferred to mobile.  i am having XR16 remote.  I want to clear all the account and password.

Is it possible or not?

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, @user_00ab08, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us through our Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear you have experienced issues when previously getting support. Please rest assured you have reached the right team for assistance! I would like to confirm, are you wanting to clear an account from a specific app, such as Netflix or Amazon Prime, or are you wanting to clear your Xfinity account?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ I want to restart like new.  some of thing got stuck in the apps.  i cant able to clear.  only way its like reset to factory setting.  similar like iphone/android phone/ windows pc/mac pc. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Gotcha, thank you for confirming, @user_00ab08. The following steps should assist in that.

• 1.      Ensure the device is currently powered on
  • 2.      Press the ‘POWER’ and ‘MENU’ buttons on your remote at the same time
  • 3.      Press BOTH the UP and DOWN arrow buttons on your remote, then Select ‘Restore Defaults’ option
  • 4.      Press ‘OK’ – this should cycle the equipment to perform a factory reset

Let me know if this works for you.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

i tried this before nothing works. it ask me purchase the movie or opening the apps which is highlighted.

I tried several times, there is no restore defaults.

Possibly you can make some video how to do with remote on this xr16 model with XiOne SC B

Before posting on forum i tried the above from another forum.

Even the chat agent couldnt able help or call center person.

Question : 3.      Press BOTH the UP and DOWN arrow buttons on your remote.  Where is the button.  Are you talking about button with triangle with black round circle in the middle? 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you so much for attempting to troubleshoot. You are correct, those would be the arrow buttons on the remote. Did you try using those as the arrow key in that reset process? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I need to factory reset mine as well. I want to return it, but want to make sure that it is logged out of all accounts, and off of my wifi network before it leaves my possession.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here