lildrummerboy63's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 31st, 2024 4:14 AM

Updated 4k boxes with dual hdmi outputs

I have a interesting issue. I have an older onkyo audio receiver that has dolby truhd capability. It does not, however support 4k resolution. My 4k ultra blu-ray player has 2 hdmi outputs, 1 for video and 1 for audio. To watch/listen in dolby truhd, i have video going to my tv and audio to the receiver. Unfortunately, my 4k xfinity box only has 1 hdmi out. I tried splitting the hdmi cables, but it seems there isn't enough signal strength to power both audio and video signals.

My question is, are there any future plans to upgrade/update the current generation of set top boxes? Or is there a solution that i don't know about for my special issue? 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

5 months ago

@lildrummerboy63 Thank you for taking the time to make this post and inquiring about that! As of now, we don't have any specific plans for equipment upgrades, however, we are always investing in the equipment and services we provide to ensure it is as up-to-date as possible, so upgrades are definitley in our future! Adding on additional HDMI ports to our boxes for your specific needs however may be unlikely as we are typically more heading in the direction of Bluetooth connections for audio. Does your audio receiver have access to be connected via Bluetooth instead of over an HDMI connection as a work-around? To confirm, are you using one of our Xfinity Flex 4K boxes, or an X1 TV box? Our X1 TV boxes (except for Pace XG1v1 models) do support Dolby ATMOS audio, but if you are using Flex box, then the proper settings to enable Dolby audio would not be available.  

[Edit: Corrected spelling]

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ Thanks for the reply!...no, my reciever is too old for Bluetooth. I was mainly wondering if there was a way to boost the hdmi signal to be able to run separate audio/video to my receiver. I have tried to split the signal,  but when I do, the picture flashes on and off....

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

@lildrummerboy63 This certainly is interesting. The only other thing I can think of would be to see if your TV has an Optical out port, as that should be used for audio, and then run that to the receiver. Looking into it, it should still work with the TruHD format.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here