U

Thursday, October 12th, 2023 9:35 PM

Closed

Stream app stopped working

I have three Rokus that the streaming app was working fine on, but they stopped working when I downgraded to flex with NOWTV.  The CSR assured me that Roku would continue to work, no need for a flex box.  I contacted Roku to see what the problem was.  I was told that Comcast was blocking the signal and they would have to fix it.  Not happy at all I can only use one Tv out of four because o got a flex box.  Now I feel I am being held hostage for three more flex boxes with an activation fee for ea. and a monthly charge of $5 per box.  Please fix this.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

8 months ago

Hey there, @user_gru95l, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the Xfinity Stream app. Our NOW TV service is not currently compatible with the Roku device. We would be happy to take a look at what options we have available. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address, so we can assist you further. To send us a Direct Message, you will need to sign in to the Forums if you are not. Then you will need to locate and click on the "Direct Message" icon located in the upper right corner of this page. Next, click the "New Message" (paper & pencil) icon and type "Xfinity Support" in the to line, and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list. You can proceed to type your message in the text area near the bottom, and press enter to send the message. Please let me know if you have any questions.

4 Messages

Direct message sent.

Problem Solver

• 

434 Messages

8 months ago

@user_gru95l Have any Fire TV sticks around? Those are supported. Hopefully they fix the issue with ROKU. Can you post back here what options Xfinity offered? Also, is the Stream app completely not loading on the Roku? Or is it only that when you go to Live TV/All channels you're not seeing the NOW TV channels?

4 Messages

I had to go the route of the Fire sticks, although I prefer the Roku.   Xfinity only offered to either review the account to change my programming at a higher cost or three additional flex boxes at a $5 per month charge per box.  No mention of working to get the app working on Roku.

4 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ the app will load, but only shows my purchases not the Nowtv programming.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here