U

Friday, May 24th, 2024 8:42 PM

SOLVED: Xfinity Stream app on Flex with Samsung TV

Hi,

Until this week, I was able to select the Xfinity Stream app from Flex and stream shows.  This week, I get the "X" purple logo animation and then just 3 dots in the middle of the screen.  I have an older Samsung Smart TV and have read about issues with Xfinity Stream and the TV, but I'm using the Flex box connected to the TV and not an app on the TV.  Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

980 Messages

26 days ago

@user_e3a43d, Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today. I am glad we were able to help resolve your issue by Clear Locally Stored Data From Your X1 or Flex Streaming TV Box. This is an essential first step to take if any application encounters any issues or freezing. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you have a great rest of your day. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

27 days ago

Hi user_e3a43d

Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are doing well today, besides the hiccups with the Stream App on your Flex equipment. I understand you had no issues before, but you recently ran into trouble. I'm a big fan of our Flex box, and I know how great it can be. With that said, I'm sure this has been a headache to deal with. We appreciate you brining this to our attention and creating a new post. If you use the Xfinity Stream App on your phone or another device, do you have the same troubles? Have you tried to reboot the box or tried any any additional troubleshooting so far? 

9 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ 

Hi, the Xfinity Stream app works correctly on my phone and laptop so it is just the Flex box that has the issue.  I have unplugged the Flex box twice, and it did not solve the issue.  I also checked to make sure that the Flex box was connected to my home network which it is.  Other apps from the Flex box work correctly.

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_e3a43d Thank you for the updates. I'm a big fan of the Stream App, and I know it's really convenient to have access on the Flexbox. Did you get any error messages or codes that accompany this issue, or just the logo, as you mentioned in your post? Are any other apps on the Flex box giving you trouble?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

I get the logo animation and then a greyish screen with just three dots in the middle showing that something is loading.  But the dots just keep flashing. I’ve waited over two minutes and then just give up.  No other apps have problems. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_e3a43d That is certainly unusual, and I thank you for all your efforts so far. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ I started a DM chat, but had to wait 20 minutes between generic responses so I wasted 45 minutes.  Xfinity support is just a joke.  If there are no troubleshooting ideas, I'll just deal with it until I cancel my Xfinity service.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here