U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 11:51 PM

Reactivate Flex Box

Please please please reactivate my flex box!  The Xumo box is awful!  Was told when I ‘upgraded’ that I could switch back.  Nope!  They won’t allow it.  Said it’s impossible.  Care nothing about customer service or experience at all!  Fair warning to anyone looking to get a Xumo box - don’t!  

23 Messages

1 month ago

We all followed the the Pied Piper of Xfinity who promised us a better streaming device... 😭

3 Messages

Pretty much - and when I reach out to Xfinity it is a different story from every person.  I just can't imagine I am the only individual who has had issues with the Xumo box.  Also disappointed that I get no response from Xfinity or solution on the matter other than you are out of luck.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey @user_b6coae, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xumo Streaming Box and Flex service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Please accept my most sincere apology for the experience you have encountered. The Xfinity Flex service is a discontinued product and no longer available. Customers that currently have the Xfinity Flex service are able to keep the service as a grandfathered plan. After upgrade, we would no longer be able to apply Xfinity Flex to the account. 

I would be more than happy to hear any feedback you have regarding the device, equipment and operating system and pass it along. What are you currently experiencing with the device? 

Please be sure to have our Xfinity App as it is the best way to review your account details, activate devices, view billing, and more.

23 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius

Please accept my most sincere apology for the experience you have encountered. The Xfinity Flex service is a discontinued product and no longer available. Customers that currently have the Xfinity Flex service are able to keep the service as a grandfathered plan. After upgrade, we would no longer be able to apply Xfinity Flex to the account. 

Even though I'm not the OP of this thread, I was in a similar situation a month or so ago. The problem with this scenario is that when ordering the Xumo box as an "upgrade" to the Flex, Xfinity does not advise customers that going back to Flex is not possible. I was completely unaware of how bad it really is in comparison with the Flex. Telling customers after they are completely disappointed with the box, that it's not possible to go back is what really causes all the negative feelings and bound to lead to lower customer satisfaction. In fact, in my years of being with Xfinity I had no issues with the service, except for this Xumo device.

As far as what problems people are facing - numerous problems are posted all over this forum. Most people face the same basic issues already posted - poor set up experience, poor UI, poor performance, poor app experience, random streams interrupting viewing,...they need to be resolved!

I had a good outcome from one of my threads here, but only after I personally spent many hours providing information, following the same troubleshooting steps over and over again with different reps, swapping out the Xumo box, and providing video evidence before receiving acknowledgement of the issue. In fact that issue actually seems to be resolved now so I am thankful, but it should not be customers who have the burden to prove the problems this device is plagued with.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

792 Messages

FlowingBits we appreciate your feedback on your experience with the streaming device change. Unfortunately, the process is similar for any grandfathered options available from Xfinity. Another such example would be package options that change over time, but I certainly understand having the knowledge up front can change the negative impact of finding this out later on.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

1 month ago

What is upsetting is knowing that it is possible to reactivate the Flex box, but Xfinity refuses to do so even at the expense of their customers experience being greatly diminished.  It seems like this product was rushed out if so many other users are having issues with it as well.  I think its wrong that the end user is expected to sit on the phone for hours and hours with numerous techs to try to resolve these issues.  This needs to be fixed Xfinity!  I even had a service tech come out the other day to look at the problems - however, he arrived at the home sat out front - I got the call saying he is ready I accepted and then 10 min later he drove off.  Then I got the text message saying sorry we missed you and when I called to make another appt I was told none were available until another day and it wasn't possible to have the tech who was at my home to return because he was too busy.  I took off work early to meet him and they just cancel on their own terms - I don't appreciate being treated as if my time is not valuable but clearly this is Xfinity and they are the only ones you provide Internet so you don't have a choice but to say OK to whatever they are doing and just accept it. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_b6coae thank you for being an Xfinity Customer. We value your time and do not want this to be your experience with us. Our team is here to assist with any technical issues you are having with your Flexbox. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here