U

Friday, September 22nd, 2023 3:53 AM

Closed

Prime Video Not Streaming on Flex

I am able to open the Prime Video app, but then it comes up with an error message, “Something went wrong: Please try again later. For more help, go to Amazon.com/video help.” All of the other apps are working on my Flex device and I am able to steam Prime Video on other devices (laptop, tablet). I’ve reached out to Amazon Prime and they recommended that I connect with Xfinity. I have tried logging out of Amazon Prime, restarting Flex, and refreshing Flex. Thank you for any and all recommendations. 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

9 months ago

Hello @user_7dc4f3 we definitley want to ensure that you can utilize this app to enjoy your entertainment, so we are here to help! Have you been able to successfully utilize this app in the past without errors? What troubleshooting steps did you already take on your own and when working with Amazon? I'd hate to have you repeat anything!

2 Messages

I have used the app in the past! It stopped working about a week ago and I haven’t had any lucky fixing it on my own. Here are the steps I’ve tried taking: 

1. Unplugging the flex device. 
2. Restarting the flex device. 
3. Refreshing the flex device. 
4. Signing out of Prime Video and then signing back in. 
None of the steps have worked so far.

Thank you for your help! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

You're welcome @user_7dc4f3 👍 I recommend opening up the Xfinity app and using the Xfinity Assistant to troubleshoot. This is because you can run a diagnostic check on your service and refresh the system that operates your Xfinity Flex equipment. Here is a direct link to the Xfinity Assistant. There is a good chance this resolves the issue! 

https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I’ve had the same problem for almost a year now. I’ve used the assistant on the app to troubleshoot it. That tool is virtually useless. I’ve talked to tech reps, been promised new equipment that never arrived. Flex is useless. Find another streaming service. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_8awy0r Hello, I'm sorry this is happening to you too. This should not be the case. Let's take a closer look. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here