U

7 Messages

Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 3:12 PM

Closed

Peacock Premium Plus thru Rewards

I receive Peackock Premium thru Xfinity Rewards. I also have Flex.  I read that I am unable to upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus thru Xfinity or thru Peacock at this time.
This appears to be true but thought I'd check with your team. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

7 months ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_62bqp0 To manage your subscription you would need to follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-manage-subscription You may want to contact Peacock Customer Support directly about an upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus https://www.peacocktv.com/help/article/contact-us-in-customer-service 

3 Messages

You can not upgrade your account from peacock from this website you linked in the answered. none of these work.

3 Messages

7 months ago

I am in the same boat with you. I have contacted Xfinity and no one knows how to upgrade to ad free or access the account on "their" website like it says on peacocks website. Then when I contact peacock they state you have to go through Xfinity. I did the websites the websites from the answers and got nowhere. it seems like you can't do anything. 

7 Messages

Thanks for your reply! Using the Peacock reward (from Xfinity) evidentally negates any possibility of upgrading to Peacock Premium Plus. Good to have this forum in case any of us finds a solution.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Most definitely! You can always create a new account under a different email if you would like to upgrade. Thats been a workaround for a lot of our customers. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Yes you can do that but then you have to pay for both the peacock premium and then also peacock premium without ads. So what is the point?

Official Employee

• 

734 Messages

@mkiefer96 if you haven't seen this article on our website: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs. At the bottom of the document in the frequently asked questions section there is the update that if you're receiving the free Peacock Premium, you cannot upgrade to Premium plus: 

Can I upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus if I receive Peacock Premium from Xfinity?
If you purchased Peacock Premium through the Peacock app on X1 or Flex, see how to manage your Peacock subscription on Xfinity for upgrade instructions.

If you receive Peacock Premium through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus through Xfinity at this time.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

7 Messages

7 months ago

I would gladly pay the $6/mnth to go add free if only the rewards-given Peacock Premium would allow that upgrade.

1 Message

Same here. This is such a ridiculous situation. 

1 Message

Same here. I'm pretty sure I had this working for some months, but no more.

Official Employee

• 

598 Messages

@Reclaimer11, thank you for reaching out using the Xfinity Community Forum. I can definitely understand the desire to upgrade to the ad free version of Peacock. You should be able to create another Peacock account to sign up for the paid subscription. 

7 Messages

@user_lv3wgh​ Yes. So did I, until the policy change. Now it's "If you receive Peacock Premium through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus through Xfinity at this time." At least they did say "at this time" which prompted me to raise the question. Worth a try.

1 Message

6 months ago

Wow! This is just frustrating, isn’t peacock owned by Xfinity anyway. It’s ridiculous to have to pay full price to get the ad free option, when we are willing to pay the difference. it seems like there’s supposed to be an option based on this article, but don’t have a set top so can’t even try 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-manage-subscription

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Apologies for any frustration this may have caused, @user_nm4n85. It depends on how you acquired your Peacock subscription. For example, if you receive Peacock Premium through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet, or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus through Xfinity at this time.

If you purchased Peacock Premium through the Peacock app on X1 or Flex, the article you shared would be the one used to manage your subscription. 

2 Messages

4 months ago

This was absolutely possible before by paying a little extra. Why would they take this option away? To force us to watch commercials? That has to be what it is and is something you can do when you have a monopoly on good internet I guess. Not a good look taking this option away. Nobody wants to watch ads.

2 Messages

Oh also, I can't even cancel the subscription anymore after redeeming the free premium (which I thought was ad-free). I'd rather pay for it than watch ads. So I'm assuming I have to call or chat with someone to do this. What a mess.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

matttt17 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. You should be able to upgrade the free Peacock Premium to the Peacock Premium Plus from your online account at xfinity.com/account. Note that a subscription to Peacock Premium Plus must be purchased at the full retail cost ($11.99/month). You can find more information by clicking this link

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here