U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, November 21st, 2022 9:09 AM

Closed

PBS app on Flex

I'm really disappointed that we finally installed the flex and there is no PBS app available on it!!! Countless other useless ones, but not a well known and respected app made available. Another real loss for Xfinity. :0(

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for providing your feedback on apps available through our Xfinity Flex service, @user_4e5b72! There is a lot of great content available on PBS! It was one of my kids' favorites when they were younger, and I love the concerts and documentaries they frequently show. 

Comcast frequently reviews and makes changes to our available offerings. Over the past five years, we've added thousands of available titles and channels customers can enjoy through apps such as Amazon Prime, Peacock TV, Netflix, and Hulu. Plus, we also offer XUMO, which is an ad-supported streaming app that has live channels available, including PBS! You can find out more about what XUMO has to offer at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xumo-app-overview. I hope this helps find the content from PBS you're looking for!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Unfortunately live content is not what I'm looking for. I still don't see why flex can't host the PBS app

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

But thank you for the information. I will try what you've mentioned.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Gotcha! Unfortunately, we haven't received any updates of the PBS app being added at this time. You can view our website: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-flex-paid-movies-apps?linkId=146843960, which has the full list of apps available as well as provide updates of any potential apps to be added in the future. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ you have pbs kids , why not the adult version?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Get the PBS app for Flex. Just figure it out already!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am highly disappointed that you do not have pbs passport app

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

1 year ago

Agree with others, why not have the PBS app when there is PBS Kids?  As mentioned in other posts, Roku has this and allows the user to add to remove the app as they desire.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@Wasmurray  Thank you for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Forums Community, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response. I understand you would also like access to PBS app on Flex box. I know it was stated here before we look at all options for service to our customers and make updates. The link shared is great resource. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-flex-paid-movies-apps?linkId=146843960. We however do not at this time have a timeline on when this could be added. Would there be anything else I could assist you with? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 year ago

Remember that the Flex box is basically a cable box with stripped-down software. Since PBS is a broadcast network, they want you to get TV service to view it. You can even convert a Flex box to a cable box with a basic TV package.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@andyross​ That doesn’t make any sense. You can get CBS+ and Peacock apps and they are broadcast channels. The PBS Passport app is just like all the other paid apps and is available on the Amazon Firestick, Google Chromecast, et al. 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_59be37 At this time PBS Passport is not available to us. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our products and services when possible. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here