T

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, October 26th, 2023 6:27 PM

Closed

Netflix freezes up sporadically when searching for shows via Flex tv box

For the past few months I've had a persistent problem with my Flex TV box when searching for shows in Netflix's menu.  This problem happens EVERYTIME I search the Netflix menu, and results in the feed freezing up.  I have to exit out of Netflix back to the main menu of the Flex box, but it will "hang" with a black screen until I click on the "back arrow" or other key on the remote.  However, if I am able to quickly find a show in the Netflix menu AND launch it, then it will play without freezing up.  It ONLY happens when I'm searching for a show in the menu.  I don't have this problem in any other 3rd party app that I use on my Flex TV box - such as Apple TV, Paramount+, YouTube TV, or Max.  I purchased Netflix through my Xfinity account, so it's particularly galling that this problem persists.  And yes, I've tried unplugging my Flex TV box and restarting it - MANY TIMES.  I'm about to cancel my Netflix subscription with Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

709 Messages

8 months ago

@ticklicker Thanks for creating a post on our Community Forums. I can imagine the frustration you're feeling when this happens and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. After some digging, I see there are similar articles on the Netflix website that advise there could be a data issue with the device (in our case the Flex box), and can usually be fixed by refreshing/clearing the data file. This link can help with the steps to take right from your Flex box. Please let us know if this helps!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thanks Thomas, but this "solution" will create a huge hassle for me because "clearing my data file" will require me to re-register for each the several subscriptions I have for online services - ie, Max, YouTube TV, Apple TV, Paramount+, as well as for Netflix - which is the ONLY subscription that I am having the nettlesome "freeze up" issue.  It would be easier - and cost-effective - for me to just cancel this subscription (which is enrolled through Xfinity).  However, I very much appreciate your reply!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityThomasD​ 

Thanks Thomas, but this "solution" will create a huge hassle for me because "clearing my data file" will require me to re-register for each the several subscriptions I have for online services - ie, Max, YouTube TV, Apple TV, Paramount+, as well as for Netflix - which is the ONLY subscription that I am having the nettlesome "freeze up" issue.  It would be easier - and cost-effective - for me to just cancel this subscription (which is enrolled through Xfinity).  However, I very much appreciate your reply!

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@ticklicker Thanks for those details! I completely understand not wanting your additional subscriptions removed for you to have to re-authenticate. We would be happy to help you with removing Netflix if you are still looking to remove this from your Xfinity bill. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address, so we can assist you further.

To send us a Direct Message, you will need to sign in to the Forums if you are not.

Then you will need to locate and click on the "Direct Message" icon located in the upper right corner of this page.

Next, click the "New Message" (paper & pencil) icon, type "Xfinity Support" in the to line, and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list.

You can proceed to type your message in the text area near the bottom, and press enter to send the message. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here